For today's outfit, I am wearing a floral tube top layered with a classic black blazer and a pair of boyfriend jeans. Tube tops are generally a no-no if you are aiming for a classy look or like me, have recently turned 30. However, I do feel like a blazer or another form fitting layer over the tube top can certainly elevate the look. The block heel sandals are a recent addition to my closet and one that I am happy about.
My Daughter turned one last week and that's pretty much what had me occupied last month. Birthdays are not so easy to plan and execute. Lesson learnt. One thing is for sure, I can share tips on how to successfully (??) host a birthday party at home.
Summers are in full swing and I, as a rule, prefer clean cut and light fabrics when dressing for this weather - which is why I picked up these pleated pants from OASAP. In today's post, I have 2 ways for you to style these pants because I just can't stop wearing them. :) They are so comfortable (Think airy & breezy).
Sometimes, All you want to do is put on a dress and head out the door. Sometimes, that is all you have the time for. Sometimes, you want to do all of this with style and panache.
Nothing works better than a shift dress when you are looking for a sleek, chic and yet comfortable piece in your closet. When I saw this dress from Lulus, I had to add it to my closet. The right shift dress will hide your problem areas and if you are skinny, they can help by adding bulk to your figure.
Every day we get bombarded with conflicting messages. “Accept yourself!” then, “Do better!” OK. Do I accept myself, or do I try to be better? Ug. Who knows? Anyway, even if you’re not sure which direction to go, being positive about it will make your journey a lot nicer. This week we get down to the essence of style. No, that’s not your wardrobe… it’s YOU. So take a deep breath, and read these posts, you’ll find yourself feeling a lot better.
Links a la Mode: July 3rd
- Adorned in Armor: Who Adorns Her? Blake Lively
- A Pretty Thought: How to Make Your Fashion Blog More Personal
- Attire Club: 25 Best Looks From Milan Mens Fashion Week
- Couture Crush: Perfect Summer Lips: 3concepteyes Review
- Jolly Caucus Race: Somewhere Over the Rainbow: Dublin Pride
- Mode Plus: How to Choose Your Style
- Modmod: How to Ride a Bike in a Skirt
- Ms.Fabulous: Independent Handbag Designer Award Winners 2014
- Peace Love Sequins: How to Start a Fashion Blog
- Petitie Mode Fille: Is Topshop Makeup Worth It?
- Rich Club Girl: 7 Independence Day BBQ Outfits
- Save Spend Splurge: Do You Worry About How Pretty You Are?
- Savoir Style: 10 Polished Ways to Wear Crop Tops
- Style Sizzle: 9 Things Mean Girls Taught Me About Style
- The Anonymous Beauty Blogger: How to Stop Being a Compulsive Shopper
- The Glambition: Try it.. Graphic Eyeliner
- The Stylamiss: How I Love My Curls, Even If They’re Not Like Solange
- Trend Survivor: The Chunky Heel & How to Wear It
- Try It On Me: Anatomy of The Perfect Beach Bag
- We Are Ready Made: The Summer Rave of Raf Simmons